Welcome

Feel free to read my ramblings and check out my links. I love comments so let me know you are reading!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Running Away

I have found out that I want to run away more now as an adult than I ever did as a kid. I have found the solution for this. The solution is running away. When I get upset with my husband, I run. The kids annoy me, I run. I am stressed from work, I run. I need to get away, I run. I run at least 3 times a week. Sometimes I run 2 miles, sometimes 3 or 4. Once I even ran 5 miles.

I have signed up to run in the Lt. Dooley Remembrance 5k on Sept 15 again. My goal this year is to beat my time from last year. It shouldn't be hard because I was very slow last year. I am not super fast now but I am quite a bit faster.

I find that I run more now that I run with Taryn. She is a great running partner and has helped my up my speed. I also found a great pair of running shoes that make me feel like I am running on air. The other must haves are my Bondiband and my Frog Togg. The Bondiband is a sweat wicking headband. It is so much nicer to run without sweat dripping into your eyes and stinging. The Frog Togg is a towel that you wet and it stays cool for hours. It is a must have on a hot day after a long run.

I cannot not recommend a better way to destress than to run. I pop the kids in the car and go to my local school. Each lap around is .25 miles and the kids play on the playground while I run my worries away.

No comments: