Welcome

Feel free to read my ramblings and check out my links. I love comments so let me know you are reading!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

It is 5k time!

I have been having one of those weeks so far. The head gasket went in my Jeep, I ran out of propane when I went to cook dinner, I am PMS'ing, etc. But today none of that matters. Today is 5k day. I will be taking J's big beast of a truck, forgetting my PMS, and not worry about dinner. I have more important things to worry about like the big hill at the start of the race and whether my running partner will make it. This is the day I have been looking forward to and dreading since I ran it last year. The goal is to run it faster this year than I did last year. Last year it took me almost 45 minutes but I did jog the whole thing. This year my goal is somewhere around 35 minutes. Shaving 10 minutes off my speed would be an amazing accomplishment and I have been working hard to get there all summer.


Yes, that is the beast of a truck in the background. I am wearing my "I run like a girl" headband from Bondibands. They are seriously amazing. If you are an exerciser I would recommend one. Not having to wipe sweat from your eyes while running is such a treat.

No comments: